Context: The Voluntary Framework on Disclosure was developed by Innovative Medicines Canada. As a partner in Canada’s health care system, Purdue Pharma (Canada) regularly collaborates with healthcare professionals (HCPs) and healthcare organizations (HCOs) to foster scientific exchange, for the ultimate benefit of patients. These collaborations are bound by local and international laws and regulated by Innovative Medicine Canada’s Code of Ethical Practices. Purdue Pharma (Canada)’s decision to publish our payments to HCPs and HCOs is voluntary and part of our overall commitment to greater transparency and high ethical standards in our business practices.
All payment information has been captured in aggregate form (one sum total) and presented below in three categories:
1. Compensation 2. Funding, Grants & Donations 3. Sponsorships.
|1. Fee for HCP Services||2. Funding to HCOs||3. Sponsorship of HCP Travel|
For clarity purposes only, please note the following:
- Applicable taxes may be included or excluded.
- The values provided may include certain related incidental expenses (such as, but not limited to, mileage reimbursement for travel).
- Transfer of Value (ToV) is captured according to the payment date and not necessarily the date on which the activity occurred. Therefore, some activities in 2015 are reported as ToVs in the 2016, and some activities that occurred in 2016 will be reported in the 2017 report.
- Payments made to HCOs may include payments that were passed through to HCPs as fee for service and, if so, will be captured in either category 1 or category 2, but the same payment will not be captured in both categories.
- Total funding to HCOs may also include payments to Patient Associations, as the reporting system does not have the functionality to separate out such payments.
- Purdue Pharma has used its reasonable best efforts to capture the most comprehensive data possible according to its knowledge and interpretation of the Voluntary Framework of Payments to HCPs/HCOs.
Note: While Purdue Pharma (Canada) makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information, Purdue Pharma makes no warranty and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. Purdue Pharma (Canada) shall not be liable for damages resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained on this website. Certain links may lead to resources located on servers that are not maintained by Purdue Pharma (Canada) or under its control, and such hypertext links are provided as a convenience only. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by or of the referenced site and Purdue Pharma (Canada) is not responsible for the contents of or the availability of access to such websites.